Friday 14 August 2015

Under the Sea

Today has been a wet miserable day and my card this evening is for a watery challenge.

First I would like to say Hello to Soojay and welcome her to my blog.  She has been making some lovely cards with her new Paper Artsy stamp set and I'm sure she would appreciate a visit from you.

For this card I used a Woodware stamp which I stamped a number of times onto a piece of white card with Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  I rubbed some of the same colour plus a yellow Distress ink onto the card then spritzed with a fine spray containing water and some mica powder and dabbed dry with tissue.

I stamped the fish again onto white card, did some zentangling on it, added shading and then a bit of colour with Pro Markers.  I cut the fish out and mounted onto my card with foam pads.  I stamped the main sentiment then drew the wiggly line round the edge and hand wrote Birthday Fishes.  To finish I mounted onto black card and added some glitter dewdrops as bubbles.

I would like to enter this card into the That's Crafty challenge (Under the Sea).

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Love, your Under The Sea card!! The background is great and the zentangled fish is awesome! ta ta for now, Kathy

Carol L said...

That's some beautiful and intricate zentangling and I love the pop of blue color! I love the leprechaun in the previous post too - that's some great photo altering :)

Diane said...

Oh what a lovely design, I have never done zentangling but the patterns are so fun.

Hugs Diane

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful!

Sarn said...

Well, you may or may not know that I am a big fan of tangling . . . so this card really appeals to me.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Lovely zen tangling fish. I like the background too. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue Jones said...

This is Gorgeous - What a fab stamp too!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Barb, would never thought of entangling this stamp but it works a treat clever!!! Oh and chuckled at leprechaun below too Shaz in Oz .x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE your zentangling on that fish Barb . . . I have only dabbled once, but I will probably give it a go again during the month that I have no internet or access to crafting goodies! Great design! Hazel xx