Friday 28 August 2015

Auntie's Cupcke

My friend Carol has introduced me to Erika's blog where she has a link up on Friday.

You post your card which is an oldie which has previously been posted so I thought it might be fun to join in.

I only began blogging in February of this year and am having so much fun meeting everyone.

This is the very first card I posted.  I had nobody visiting my blog for weeks so I thought this must be the card I showed today on Erika's blog.

The stamp is red rubber unmounted but I don't know what it is I bought it second hand.

The paper is some that has been in my stash for ages and I put it through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.  I paper pieced the frilly cover and ribbon and added glossy accents to the cherry.

13 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Barb
I love your gorgeous cupcake card - it looks good enough to eat!!!
Fab idea to emboss the patterned background paper rather than plain card - great effect.
Eve xx

Carol L said...

What a pretty card! I love the paper piecing and pretty design! Yes please, pass the cupcakes :)

Erika said...

Hi Barb, and welcome, thank you for joining us in sharing an oldie this Friday.
I love your card, that cupcake looks good enough to eat! Great cherry on the top and the plaid cake cover looks fab. I am a bit of a fan of all things plaid or gingham!
A super LO too.
Have a super crafty weekend, hugs Erika. x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful cupcake, Barb! Glad you got another chance to post it!

Liz said...

A really lovely card, Barb. The paper piecing looks great and I like how you've embossed the patterned paper. xx

Kathy said...

Great card, Barb.Love all the layers and good idea to paper piece the frilly cupcake cover. ta ta for now, Kathy

KT Fit Kitty said...

A very cute card! I'm a new follower so this is the first time I've seen it! The cupcake wrapper looks amazing!

Greta said...

Boy does that look yummy! Great job of paper piecing--lovely card!

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Gorgeous card Barb-gorgeous cake,the cherry on the top looks fabulous!
Have a lovely long weekend :)
Nessa xxx

Sarn said...

Lovely card Barb. It takes a while for people to come visiting when you start blogging . . . but we've found you now! xxx

Diane said...

Lovely colors and design Barb.

Hugs diane

Lisa Andersson said...

This is lovely...

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Barb....yummy image and great colours....and pretty papers...Joolsx