Monday 17 August 2015

My Thanks!

Happy Monday!

Today I'd like to say Hello and Welcome to my two new followers Jacky and Dana.  I'm so glad you've both joined me here.

Jacky doesn't have a blog but she makes lots of lovely cards.

I don't know Dana yet and afraid I'm unable to find you.  If you will leave me a comment I'd love to visit if you have a blog too.

My card today has been made with two Sizzix dies and a mask.

The bird and Sentiment came as a set.  I used a scraps of card that were lying on my desk to cut out the bird and sentiment.

  I rubbed through the mask with Pumice Stone Distress ink for the background then inked round the edge with Antique Linen Distress ink.  The little butterfly was punched from a scrap of card too.

Thank you for your visit.  I'm waiting for friends to arrive so will probably not be around much for the next few days.

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Love the background for your birdie and sentiment. Hugs Mrs A.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Happy Monday to you to Barb....Love the back ground and the bird....great way of using up the scraps in to a lovely card....Joolsx

Carol L said...

Beautiful and effective masking technique here, and I love the big, bold, black outline for the sentiment! Pretty bird and butterfly too!

Sue Jones said...

What an adorable bird- I love how you have used it . That background is really pretty too. I am only using up scraps at the moment - to try and clear my desk!

Lou said...

the big sentiment works so well. Enjoy your visitors x

Cathy said...

Great card, love the stencilled background, Cathy x

Darnell said...

I love your sweet bird design, Barb! Great job with the dies and the mask! Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving me some love so I could come and find you! I'm delighted to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you pop back over when you return from your fun with your friends and follow me, too! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Sweet card--pumice stone is one of my favorite colors!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful background and I love the bird and the sentiment die cuts! I try to use up my scraps too but I always seem to accumulate more scraps than I use! Enjoy your weekend!