Thursday 13 August 2015

Playing with Alcohol Inks

Good Morning Everyone and thank you for your visit.

First of all I would like to to say Welcome to my new followers Jenny and Mrs A.  I'm so pleased that they've joined me and it would be lovely if you could pay them a visit.

Mrs. A runs the beautiful Butterfly Challenge that so many of us like to join in with.

My card today was made several weeks ago when I was having a play with Alcohol inks.

The focal point of this card is made with the lid of a large yoghurt pot.  I have shown the stages for making this in a previous stage by stage post a while back.

If you are interested in reading what I did please refer back to  the "March" archive on my side bar entitled "What I Used" numbers 1-5

I decided to stipple the background but as it was clearly going to take a very long time I ended up just doing part of it.   The corners are waste that were lying on my desk and I added the four silver pearl gems.

1 comment:

Shoshi said...

This is incredible, Barb! I really love what you have done, and I particularly like the idea of recycling the yoghurt pot lid - a girl after my own heart with the recycling lol! I also like how you've used the waste scraps, to make such lovely corners. I think the stippling just in one area is actually more effective than all over, as it gives some variation in textue. It's really lovely, and a very stylish card. I'm off to look at how you did it.

Thank you for your lovely comment, and for your good wishes for my chemo tomorrow. I had a good blitz on the accounts last night and have nearly finished. I should be uploading the first posts about the mystery projects tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how I'm feeling post-chemo.

Shoshi