Friday, 27 February 2015
Anyway I finally got this patch owl that I've been after for a while. It is by Woodware.
Yesterday I stamped the image on 5 different 6inch papers from a DCWV pad. I think the colours are really pretty. I cut the 5 owls out then today began making my 5 cards.
This is the second of the cards - I haven't yet managed to get a good photo of the easel card I made - but I will keep trying.
Anyway, I stamped the owl image in black ink onto 5 different backgrounds and set about paper piecing them. It's a technique I really enjoy as I'm able to cut out the pieces in front of the tv in the evening.
This background paper is from my stash and quite plain so I stamped the swirls onto it with a sepia ink then rubbed round the edge with Cordruoy Distress ink and finally edged with black. I mounted it onto a black mat that was cut with a Tonic matting die.
I was about to attach the matted image to the card when I realised there were several marks of Distress ink on the white card. I'd not done the best job cleaning up my craft mat. So - I put a small amount of the cordruoy ink onto my craft mat and with a damp babywipe that was on my desk dabbed all round the edge of the card, then put it all together. I was pleased with the result - just another happy accident. I do seem to have quite a lot - accidents that is, they're not always happy though.
I added the card candy to the corners with silicone glue as I felt it needed something more. The small sentiment and several others came with the owl but the main sentiment is a wooden De Nami stamp that I bought last year on a visit to Stamp Addicts. I finished by putting glossy accents on the beak and little heart.
My card today is again A6 size but this time folded lengthways. I don't have any envelopes this size so for these cards have to make my own.
For the silhouette I used the "negative" waste from a Marianne die that was cut from gold mirror card. I matted it onto black card. I punched a hole in a strip of white card that had been embossed with my Cuttlebug and matted it onto black card then finally trimmed the bottom with fancy scissors.
The self adhesive gems that I used for the necklace were coloured with my peeloff marker pen to match the colour of the heart.
The heart is from Hobbycraft and I bought 4 packets for under 50p each some time ago in their sale. They came on a big sheet with lots in different colours. You'll see them turn up often on my cards. I really don't know why I didn't buy more at the time ... oh well!
The sentiment is from a set of Hobby Art sentiments.
Wednesday, 25 February 2015
The panel was made with distress inks dabbed onto my craft mat and spritzed with a fine spray bottle which had water and some mica powder in and swiped the card into the ink. Unfortunately the shimmer from the mica doesn't show up well in the photo ... note to self (practise photography skills!)
I used a round Spellbinders die to cut a circle out from the side of the panel and then trimmed a small amount off the left hand side before mounting onto the black mat. I kept the circle to use on another card.
The clock face and sentiment are both from a set of Hero Arts clear stamps.
Monday, 23 February 2015
This is my very first blog entry so I thought a cupcake would be a good thing to celebrate with ....
I made this card for my husband's Aunty Stella. She's Aunty Stella to me too as Bruce and I have been together since we were 15 years old.
The stamp is a grey rubber and unmounted. I'm not sure of the make. The background paper is by Papermania and has been in my stash for a long time. I embossed it first in my Cuttlebug. I paper pieced the frilly part of the image and 3D'd the heart and put Glossy Accents on the cherry. The sentiment is from a Hobby Arts set which I use a great deal and the ribbon was from my stash.