Thursday 20 August 2015

Toadstools on Vellum

Hello Again!

Our friends left a short time ago on their way home to Essex.

We had a wonderful few days catching up.  We spent one day in Stratford-upon-Avon and another in Oxford.

We did lots of chatting and lots of eating and drinking. The weather was mainly kind to us too.

I decided that before clearing up I'd prefer to spend a few hours catching up with all the lovely makes that you will have made that I've not seen yet.

I'd first like to say a big Hello and Welcome to my new follower Darnell and welcome her to my blog.  She does some lovely work and her posts are always very amusing so do please drop in for a visit.

I've done no card making for almost a week so today's card is one I made a while ago.  The stamp is from a Woodware set called Woodland Mushrooms.  It was stamped  and embossed in white onto a piece of vellum which had previously been coloured on the back with alcohol inks.  I coloured the image with marvy markers and Sakura glaze, starlight and souffle pens.

The panel down the side is foil packaging that was rubbed with black stazon then put through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.  I then rubbed over the embossing with a sanding block and mounted onto black card.

Now I'm off to visit as many of you as I can.

12 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Barbara. I love the 'metal' panel down the side. The background on the vellum is so pretty, perfect for the mushroom embossed image. I think a may have that stamp...... as yet unused! I definitely need to get it out now that I've seen your beautiful card. xx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Barb. Love that you have recycled stuff on there too....a girl after my own heart.
That mushroom stamp looks fun too.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs
xx

Diane said...

What lovely mushrooms Barb, makes for a great card design.

Hugs Diane

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Barb! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I am your newest follower! I love your card! The alcohol inks background is so pretty behind the toadstools. I've been playing with alcohol inks lately myself. I love the embossed metallic panel! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

Carol L said...

I love the embossed panel that looks like heavy etched metal! It's a great card, and I love those fun mushrooms too!

Bonnie said...

Love that vellum and the foil piece is amazing! Wow!

Greta said...

I've gotta get out my stazon & foil--love that panel!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ooh, Barb, this card caught my eye immediately well done on your make, love the panel down the side and wouldn't have thought of doing it like that. I have Stazon and don't use it enough as prefer my versafine, so goo idea to put it to use,
Love that toadstool image too am really a fan of mushroom and toadstools.
Shaz in Oz.x
Ps off to peek below too. :)

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Morning Barb....Gorgeous card...love the image and how you coloured it.....and the embossed panel...Joolsx

Kathyk said...

Very cool make.

I guess you will be itching for a return visit to your friends in Essex and maybe a trip to That's Crafty!!!

Happy Friday

Kathyk

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I see you like to use items other than the 'usual' card making products for some of your creations Barb, as do I . . . good on you! I also love my Cuttlebug and EF's. Love that colourful vellum panel and the way you have coloured it! Hazel xx

Lisa Andersson said...

Oh I really like the embossed panel down the side. I must try that