Saturday, 29 August 2015
My Only Arch!
My card today Is made with two stamps that I've never used before. The topper is a La Blanche foam stamp that I water coloured and then inked round the edge with Distress inks. I put some Glossy Accents onto the arch only, but unfortunately it doesn't show up well in the photo.
I really had to search to find an arch. This is all I had in the whole of my stash - stamps, dies and masks!
The background was made with Peacock Feathers, Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo Distress inks which were spritzed with water then smooched onto the card and dried with my heat gun. I stamped a swirly stamp onto the background with Pumice stone then stamped the butterflies with Black Archival ink.
I couldn't decide what colour to do the three main butterflies so I stamped some randomly onto the scrap paper that I'd used when doing the water colouring. That seemed to work so I fussy cut three. The antennae were tricky to cut so I made some with two strands of embroidery thread knotted at each end and I put a tiny gem on each head, The sentiment, which is cut twice is a Clearly Besotted die.
I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:-
Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge which is this week "A for Archway"
The Alphabet Challenge blog "N for no Design Papers"