Tuesday 25 August 2015

For A Gardening Friend


Thank you for stopping by today.

I made this card yesterday afternoon for a friend.  I have decided to make a couple more today for my charity box.

I tore part of a page from an old gardening book that I rescued from the bin.  The stamps are all from the same Paper Artsy  set and I coloured with Fresco Acrylic paints.

The trowel is a Sizzix set of three garden tools that I got in their sale last week.  I die cut the trowel with a scrap of black card and put metallic rub- ons onto the base to give a metallic look then used a large ball embossing tool to add shape.  I die cut the handle part again with a scrap of ribbed kraft card and stuck it on.  Finally I made the raffia bow and added white enamel dots to the flowers.



I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Pixies Snippets Playground Week #191
Try it on Tuesday "Sending Flowers"
Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #46 (Anything Goes)

16 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely design, Barb. What a great idea to use a page from a gardening book! Perfect for the background of the card. xx

Kathy said...

Your card is wonderful. Barb! I agree with Liz, the gardening book page background is a great idea and also using metallic on the black for your garden trowel. Love the sentiment! ta ta for now, Kathy

Darnell said...

What a cheery snippets card, Barb! I love that you saved the book from the bin and turned it into an arty card this lovely! Your transformation of the trowel die is brilliant! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Margik said...

Fabulous card with a cute garden tool, lovely flowers and a great quote. I also agree that is a great idea to use a gardening book page to create the background. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Mar

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

What a fabby card!Love your recycled book pages too :)The Trowel die is perfect for the theme-I have never seen that one before Barb,
Nessa xxx

Lou said...

a lovely card Barb x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card, love how you recycled the pages, super details and a lovely quote. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Carol L said...

Way to salvage an old book and turn it into a meaningful card! I love the little trowel!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What a fabuous card and so pleased you joined us at try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous project! Thank you for joining us at TIOT's! oxo Susi

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Barb....Just right for your friend....I had my eye on the tools over on Sizzix.....Joolsx

Di said...

Wow Barb - what a fabby card. Super idea to use the page from a gardening book and how I wish I'd bought the garden tools set when I was shopping over at Sizzix - I just didn't have your vision :(

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love the look of stamping on an old book page! I used to do this a lot - I really should do it again - I collected some old books from the thrift store just for this purpose a few years ago and I must dig them out. Great die-cut too!

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Barb. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

MaryH said...

Very detailed & interesting card. Love that you used the gardening book page as a background for the textured tools. Really stunning on the shovel..so much texture & shape. Grabbed the eye for sure. Lovely soft coloring on the image & it shows so pretty against the deckled & distressed edging of the printed background. Love it! TFS

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card, love the recycling and a very pretty design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Craft Cottage and we would love to see you again. Jennifer DT member x