Thursday 13 August 2015

One of a Kind

I  mainly make cards now but this is an ATC I made a while ago.

I drew the flowers and 3 bees onto white card, coloured them with watercolour paints then filled in between with a black pen.  I went round the edge with a gold Krylon pen

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set stamped onto a piece of torn parchment paper held on with two brads and stuck at the back then backed with the ATC card.

I used to paint and kiln fire plates in this style when china painting was my main hobby.  Each plate was numbered and I made a total of 23. Every one was different. Each plate had three bees somewhere on it as they hold a special significance for me.

I would like to enter this  ATC into the following challenges:-
Crafting from the Heart #72
Wednesdays Creative Inspiration Challenge #323
Creative Fingers Challenge #89

11 comments:

Carol L said...

You are a true artist with such talent to draw all of those gorgeous flowers and the bees! The vellum sentiment panel is a great compliment to this beautiful artwork background!

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

What a gorgeous background Barb-really beautiful :)
Nessa xxx

Greta said...

You DREW the flowers & bees?!--amazing! Wonderful ATC!

Sarn said...

You are clearly a talented artist Barb. Wonderful ATC.

And in answer to your question in the comment you left me . . . NO I did not use gloves . . . but I should have . .. got covered in Brusho paint which took a while to come off!!!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue Jones said...

Thats Gorgeous!! I love the story behind it too X

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful ACT...love the bright colours Barb.....Joolsx

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Eemeli said...

Lovely. I really like the color scheme and the simple layout. Thanks for joining our challenge at "Crafting From The Heart" and good luck in the draw.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Mrs A. said...

What gorgeous painting. Would love to have seen one of your plates done in this design. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - - when I read that you drew the design I was otally amazed - just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW Barb! I truly thought you had used patterned paper here until I read your post!! How talented are you . . . I've always wished I could draw or paint, but I can't even manage a stick man properly! Clever you! Hazel xx