Sunday 9 August 2015

Bleeding Tissue - Thanks!

Good Morning and "Happy Monday"

I've not done a lot of the bleeding tissue technique and results have been quite mixed.

However, I don't like to be beaten and seldom throw anything away.  Although the card looked a bit splodgey I did like the nice bright colours so set to and had a play.

I've recently got out my old brass stencils after them being hidden away for a long time. I decided it was time to use them again  to make a few cards.

After rubbing Black Archival through the design I used some black Distress ink around parts of the edge of the stencil.

It still looked a bit uninteresting so I rubbed green and black inks through sequin waste then added a few sequins for sparkle.  I put the button in the centre of the flower then  finally I mounted my topper onto black card to make it pop.

This card just evolved as I played and I am pleased with how it finally turned out.

I'd like to link this card to the following blogs:-
Crafting for All Seasons  #107 "Bright and Beautiful" - well it's certainly bright!
Try it on Tuesday - Using Stencils

14 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Barb. Sometimes it's fun to just play around with no real plan and get a great result like this. xx

Kathyk said...

I agree with you that sometimes cards seem to take on a life of their own - this one turned out just great, Barb

Kathyk

Carol L said...

This turned out beautiful! I love the background and great use of the brass stencil!

Jenny L said...

Hi Barb,
thank you so much for your visit to me, and the wonderful comment.
What a wonderful, and bright card.
Love all your wonderful work on this.
Great techniques used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarn said...

I am loving your inky effects. xxx

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful project!
Thank you for joining in at TIOT's!
oxo
Susi

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card, super stencils and background. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
yvonne

Hettie said...

This is cute. Glad you didn't throw it away. Isn't it funny how things just go round and round in craft as well as fashion?! Though there are some fashions I didn't like first time round so wont be wearing again....batwing jumpers for one!! Haa Haa!
Hugs
xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Barb...Brilliant card....great stencils and lovely bright colours....Joolsx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great play time you had and what a fabulous card! So glad you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

This is such a great card, that flower is so funky and thanks for reminding me that I have brass stencils hidden away a a drawer somewhere!
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril xx

Milnie said...

this is awesome!!
Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at Crafting for all Seasons.

Hugs,
Milnie DT

Tina said...

This is gorgeous, love the texture and colors. Thanks for joining us at CFAS. Hugs Tina (DT) x

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous! Very street art trendy, I love that!! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Use Stencils' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)