Sunday 9 August 2015

Birthday Wishes Snippets

My two cards today were made with snippets of the same papers and from my stash.

I'm afraid I don't know what the papers are as I bought the pad from QVC  some time ago when they used to do regular craft programmes.

I cut the A4 card in half lengthways as I wanted to make two postcard shaped cards.  I cut about an inch (sorry I mainly work in old money!) off the fronts and then covered them with pieces of paper and added inch strips on the inside so that they would show.

I attached organza ribbons to the fronts plus the bows.

The sentiment panels are snippets of white card which I  stamped with the scrolly stamp and die cut  with the matching Sizzix die.  I coloured the edges with some Distress ink then added a few pearl gems to each card.

I would like to take these over to Miss Di's Playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop It's a fun place to play each week where all the girls show the cards they've made using all sorts of scraps of card, paper and ribbon.

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great you were able to use up some old stash. I seem to be on a bit of a quest to do the same! lol

These look wonderful.The sentiment stamp is a so lovely.

Liz said...

A great way of using snippets of patterned paper, Barb. The lovely sentiment stamp makes a great focal point. xx

Di said...

Lovely cards Barb! I still have a load of QVC goodies here :-) Clever design with the shortened front and that really is a lovely sentiment and matching die you've used!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Forgot to say, I sorted out the link! xx

Lou said...

very nice Barb - the sentiment stamp and die are fab x

Cathy said...

Lovely snippets cards Barb, great use of those pretty dps, Cathy x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Barb...Both card are lovely....great papers...Joolsx

Hettie said...

Lovely cards there Barb. I used to buy from QVC quite a bit. Don't buy from C&C since we lost the connection on the TV...funny enough Hubby hasn't managed to fix that one!
Hugs
xx