Monday 24 August 2015

Strawberries on a Plate

Happy Monday!

Today I would like to say a big warm welcome to Mary H and Happy Dance who have recently joined my blog friends.

They were introduced by Darnell who many of you probably know.  It would be lovely if you are able to pay them a visit and look at their lovely work.

This is a photo of one of the plates I painted when china painting was my main hobby before I started card making.

This is one of 12 plates that I painted for a lady who wanted them to hang on her new dining room wall.  It is a bone china plate and took about ten hours to paint.  I fired it five times.

12 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so fantastic and my goodness you have such a talent for painting! I'd be hanging this up where everyone could see it!!

Darnell said...

I can see why you engaged in this hobby for a long time, Barb! You have a wonderful talent and patience for china painting! This is utterly beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

WOW Barb! I'm meant to be catching up on Playground commenting but spotted this on my dashboard and came for a closer look. Flippin' 'eck girl - this is STUNNING work! So beautiful - and as Carol and Darnell already said - amazing talent!

Hugs

Di xx

Kathy said...

Your china painting is awesome. You are very talented. I started to do the math on how many hours it took to accomplish 12 plates. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing. ta ta for now, Kathy

Sarn said...

WOW . . . you are a PROPER artist Missus. I would LOVE to be that artistic.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I cannot paint so I really appreciate the talent it takes to do something like this! Amazing! Well done and thanks for sharing!

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous. You are a fabulous painter! Love the shadows and shade on this pretty plate.

Sue Jones said...

Wow - That is just stunning !

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Wow....beautiful work....x

Greta said...

Beautifully painted!

Jenny L said...

Hi Barb,
my this is wonderful work.
It looks as if it was bought like that.
You are one very talented lady.
My sister used to paint figurines many years ago , and I still have one of the ones she painted.
Thank you for your wonderful comments on my work.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L

MaryH said...

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's easy to see you are an artist of many talents. What a lovely plate, and if I could paint this well, I probably would never have started stamping! This is beautiful & beautifully done. TFS