Friday 17 July 2015

Using scraps and old stuff!


Happy Friday!

My card was made using an old brass stencil that I've had for ages and scraps of card that were all lying on my desktop.

I got out my little lightbox to emboss the stencil.  I've hardly used it since I got my Cuttlebug.  After embossing I kept the stencil in place and coloured the raised areas with Distress ink then added a little chalk to the cup.

I coloured round the outside circle with Distress ink too but it looked rather pale and uninteresting so I replaced the stencil and drew round the raised design with a fine black Micron pen and added the dots round the flower centres.

I cut the piece of pink card, which was already embossed, to size, and mounted onto a scrap of black card then mounted the image onto another scrap of black which already had the fancy edge and trimmed it down to size. I added the gems for sparkle and rounded the top corner of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the Challenge on That's Crafty Challenge blog. and the
613 Avenue Challenge Blog.

4 comments:

Lou said...

gosh i haven't used a lightbox in years ... looks fab x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Barb you can actually use your stencils in CB. Use the sandwich as follows:
B plate
Shim you use with embossing dies
Rubber mat used for embossing
Cardstock
Stencil
B plate
Run through bug and should be beautifully embossed may need two times through.

I used it the other day for a vellum ornare stencil. It's a scallop square and I just hand cut around it and it looks like a really fancy die. See this post, this is one that is meant to be used with vellum and light box and I put it through my bug.
http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/big-announcement-design-team-for.html
Hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

Barb said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for your help. I would never have thought of embossing an onare stencil in my Cuttlebug. I'm going to give that a try. I have several that haven't seen the light of day for ages. Barbxx

Jo Ann said...

I love the simple beauty of your creation. So glad you joined us at our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create last week. A new challenge began yesterday so, please come back and visit us again. Have a blessed day!

Always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com