Wednesday 15 July 2015

Triple embossed tag

Today I got my acrylic paints out for the first time in ages.

First I cut a few tags from kraft card and painted with a thick coat of a bluey green colour.  When it was dry I painted over in areas with white paint.

I decided to triple emboss some of the tags.  For this one I inked up the butterfly stamp with black Archival ink and while the last coat of embossing powder was still wet pushed the stamp into it and left it for the short time until the embossing powder was cool and the stamp released easily.  I added an eyelet and the gold and silver material, which I frayed, to the top of the tag.

I stamped the butterfly again onto a piece of white card which I'd first distressed around the edges then mounted it onto some black card. The tag was put onto the white card.  The idea was that the wings on the white card would peep out from underneath the tag. However it didn't quite work on the right hand side as part of the hot enamel had squashed over the side of the card.  I should have cut the tag slightly narrower in the beginning.

  Oh well!  I enjoyed my playtime anyway.

The corner pieces are off cuts of card from my desk and the gems are just to add some sparkle.  The sentiment is from a set of greetings by Paula Pascal.


2 comments:

Neet said...

Ooh, not done that squishy stamping in ages, must get the embossing powders out and play. Love your butterfly tag.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lou said...

oh I like how you stamped the butterfly with the wing poking out from underneath x