Sunday 28 June 2015

One Stamp Two Ways (1 of 2)

Hello and Welcome!

It's raining here today but I've just been out for a delicious roast and shortly off to do some crafting so I'm having a good day.  I hope you are too.

This is the first of two cards made using the same stamp.  It's a Papermania rubber mounted stamp which I stamped with Black Archival ink and painted with my Rowley watercolour paints.  The sentiment is part of the stamp.

I used  Tea Dye Distress ink round the edge of the image and Antique Linen round the edge of the card. The butterfly is a punch.  I made his antennae with craft wire and finally added the five gems.

I'd like to enter this card into 613 Avenue Create blog where  it's Anything goes including a rose or  a pearl.



This is the second card using the same Papermania stamp but I masked off the sentiment before inking up.

I inked the stamp with a Black Archival inkpad  and stamped on the splodges which are Visible Images stamps.

After cutting the image to size I mounted it onto a smaller piece of  black card as I didn't want a complete black border.

I embossed the Hobby Arts sentiment with black embossing powder, tore round the edge and rubbed with a"sunny coloured" Distress ink.

3 comments:

Lou said...

wow, two lovely but very different cards with the same stamp x

Diane said...

Greetings Barb, what lovely designs, love the framing and color combinations.

Hugs Diane

Em Louise Fairley said...

Barb, these are both absolutely stunning and so different. I love them. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Hugs,
Em AKA Creative Em
613 Avenue Create DT