Saturday 13 June 2015

Bleeding Tissue Technique - First Attempt (1 of 3)


Hello and thank you for your visit

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to a friends house and our friend Margaret came along to show us all how to do the Bleeding Tissue Technique.

We used a glossy card and all chose our coloured die cut pieces of tissue from a big glass jar.  Under Margaret's guidance we placed the pieces randomly, put on water with a paint brush then had coffee and biscuits while we gave the tissue several minutes to do it's work!

It was almost magical to remove the tissue and see the random colour on the card and it  was interesting to see how differently they turned out as all five of us had chosen different colour combinations.

We then had to decide if we would use purple, black or this dark blue ink to add the small circles which we rubbed through a mask.  Then we each decided which mask we would use as our main image to sponge over the top.  We finished by putting on a few white circles with white acrylic paint and a small bottle top.

Everybody's finished piece looked very different because of the choices we had made and although I was delighted to have learned this new and exciting technique in honesty I did think mine looked a little bit messy.

However, undaunted, when I got home I decided to make it into a card.  I heat embossed the sentiment and added three sparkly gems.  I'm really pleased with the result.  But this wasn't the where I finished .....

I would like to enter this card into The Crafter's Cafe Challenge "Anything Goes". 


2 comments:

Lou said...

and i think this is a stunning card, The blue tulips are so striking. Sound like a messy process to get the look you achieved x

Kathyk said...

I've been enjoying playing with Bleeding Art Tissue recently too - your make looks fab

Kathyk