Tuesday 14 July 2015

Hoot of the Day


Hello and thank you for visiting.

This is a card that I made recently.

I fell in love with this little fellow when I went to Loobi Crafts a few weeks ago.  I just had to buy the stamps which are designed by Sam Poole for Creative Expressions.

For this card I used some card from my stash for the background, embossed it with a Crafts Too embossing folder, smeared over with Distress ink and put the raised dots on with Inkssentials enamel accents.

 I stamped the owl onto Kraft card and added some darker brown with a water colour pencil and orange onto his beak.  I also put some Glossy Accents on the beak.

I stamped the eyes and chest onto scraps of white and cream card, cut both out and stuck onto the owl.  He is raised a little with foam pads.

I die cut a snippet of Dovecraft paper with a Spellbinders Labels Four die, stamped on the sentiment and cut the label to size.  There is a little Sakura starlight yellow around the outside of his eyes but it's not shown up very well in the photo.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 185 and
Crafting from the Heart Challenge #68


10 comments:

Di said...

Hi Barb! A huge welcome to the Snippets Playground, how come you peeked for ages and only just came to play?! I've been looking through your blog and you have some lovely work to share so please come back soon. Of course, I do love this card, such a great image and beautifully designed and made card - isn't he a real 'hoot' - I can see why you bought him :)

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Meant to say, you have a new follower too :)

Di xx

Lou said...

he's cute..i'd have to have bought him too x

Karen Petitt said...

I have got to try and get one of these stamps - he is wonderful! Welcome to the friendliest linky ever! I live in Northants too! Karen

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow.... wonderful card, Barb and welcome to the Playground .. I have joined as a wonderful encourager too! great techniques there!! Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Jane Willis said...

What a super card - a great image and I love the way you've used the different snippets to make him. The ribbon "branch" is a great idea too.
Jane

Kathy said...

Hi Barb, Saw your cute owl card on the Playground and wanted to stop by your blog for a visit. I'm one of your new followers. ta ta for now, Kathy

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Hello Barb,Oh I love your little Owl!Gorgeous card-I LOVE Owls :)
Thank you so much for stopping by my little Blog,and for taking the time to leave a comment,I appreciate it :)
I have come to join you as a follower,and look forward to chatting to you again soon!
Hugs,Nessa xxx

Quirky Shepherd said...

Hello Barb
I love owls and this is adorable, I am also one of your new followers xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Barb....What a cute card....love the owl and the pretty background....Joolsx