Saturday, 9 May 2015

Butterflies and Dragonflies


Happy Saturday Everyone.

Today I've been out crafting with a friend and had a great time.

I made eight cards like this a couple of days ago using up scraps of coloured, black, silver and gold card plus odd bits of parchment paper.

They are A6 size cards folded lengthways.  I think they are rather an elegant type of card and also don't require a great deal of decoration if you are needing some quick cards.  Unfortunately I don't have envelopes this size so have to make my own.

I wanted fantasy type images so used Dawn Bibby's "Woodland Butterfly" clear set which I stamped onto the parchment with a versamark ink pad and heat embossed with silver  embossing powder.  I  coloured in the bodies with a gold gel pen and did just a little embossing on the back of the parchment.

Fussy cutting probably took more time than anything else and a few dragonflies lost their antennae!  So I made them some more with craft wire.  Just a little spirelli with some Twinney thread  and they were almost done.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous, Barb. I like this tall A6 format - you could use them for bookmarks! Being so narrow, you can use up small scraps to good effect. Are the diagonal lines done with thread wrapped around?

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.....Please click on my header (at top of page) to see more of my cards. Barb xx