Wednesday 16 September 2015

"Tagged"

Good afternoon and thank you for visiting.

Yesterday I bought a new handbag and I decided to use the tag as I thought it was too nice to throw away.  So I decided to use it to make a card.

I  cut off the bottom to add as a trim then stamped the tulips onto a scrap of white card which I stuck on top of the tag and trimmed to the same width.

I painted the image with Zig Markers and a watercolour brush then added a little Sakura starlight to the flowers only which unfortunately doesn't show on the photo.  T drew round the whole image with a light grey Zig marker and made the tiny bow.

I mounted the tag onto a scrap of pale blue which I'd put through my ribbler then added the little heart and the tiny punched butterfly stamped the sentiment and added the three small gems.

The image is an old Hero Arts wood mounted stamp which I bought second hand and haven't used before .  This is my NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) so I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5.
I'd also like to take it along to Pixie's Snippets Playground  Week #194 .

14 comments:

Jo said...

Love this tag Barb, a gorgeous colour & definitely too nice to throw away......makes for a lovely card.
hugs Jo x

Di said...

Such a pretty card Barb! I love that you upcycled the tag from your new handbag!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Great upcycling, Barb. Gorgeous tag, the image is beautiful. xx

Sue Jones said...

Great card, so pretty. I often this some of the tags are too good to throw away. Sue x

Carol L said...

Way to recycle a tag into something fabulous! What a fun idea!

Krisha said...

Very pretty, good use of the tag!!

Jean said...

I love the tulip stamp and your pretty colouring. A great way to upcycle the tag to make a lovely card.
Jean x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh this is lovely! Great recycling and your colouring is beautiful!

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Barb....Love your bit of recycling....you such a pretty card....lovely image....Joolsx

Sarn said...

Now that's what I call GREAT upcycling! Looks fab xxx

Erika said...

Hi Barb, I love anything that involves recycling. Love your tag card and the tulips are beautifully coloured too.

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

MaryH said...

Wonderful tulips, and so beautifully watercolored. I love that you spied the tag and knew how you could recycle into something lovely. It takes a 'good eye' to see the possibilities, and you certainly did! I love it! TFS & Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Your card looks so pretty. A perfect setting for that slim stamp. A great use for your tag too! I love to see upcycled items on cards.

Darnell said...

Excellent job of upcycling that tag, Barb! You remind me that I've got some pretty cool tags in my Bitlets Box, too! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ which was so long ago now! I know you are aware of the Mister's surgery and recovery; nevertheless, I’m sorry that my nursing duties have delayed my visit to thank you. Thank you, too, for your good wishes and prayers! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell