Thursday 6 August 2015

Origami Butterfly

Hello and welcome.

It's a lovely sunny day here today.  I hope you're enjoying good weather too.

I would like to enter today's card into the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #198

I made the butterfly in the same way as yesterday's card using two squares of paper for the wings and a narrow triangular piece for the bead/body.  The wings are made with craft wire and two tiny beads.

I embossed the strip of mauve card then cut the two mats from blue co-ordinations card and a piece of shimmery patterned vellum.  I added a few gems for glitter and lightly wiped the edge of the card a with mauve chalk cats eye ink pad.

Today I would like to introduce my two new followers Ruth and Carol.  I'm sure they would both like a visit from you.

Happy Crafting and do please call again soon.

7 comments:

Carol L said...

Wow, another pretty butterfly from you! The vellum panel adds such a lovely touch, while the embossed panel gives that pretty butterfly a landing spot! Beautiful!

Liz said...

What a clever way to make a butterfly! Lovely card. xx

Kim S said...

What a wonderful butterfly! The folding is a wonderful look and I love the papers you have chosen! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Rita W said...

This is so pretty, Barb. I love your butterfly; how fun to add something you've made yourself to your lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Barb....I just love the butterfly.....so pretty...Joolsx

Karren said...

Your origami butterfly is beautiful! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Dee said...

love your origami butterfly..well I would wouldn't I?!!x