Friday, 27 February 2015

Negative Lady



Good morning everyone.  It's a lovely sunny day here today.  I hope you're enjoying good weather too.

My card today is again A6 size but this time folded lengthways.  I don't have any envelopes this size so for these cards have to make my own.

For the silhouette I used the "negative" waste from a Marianne die that was cut from gold mirror card.  I matted it onto black card.  I punched a hole in a strip of white card that had been embossed with my Cuttlebug and matted it onto black card then finally trimmed the bottom with fancy scissors.

The self adhesive gems that I used for the necklace  were coloured with my peeloff marker pen to match the colour of the heart.

The heart is from Hobbycraft and I bought 4 packets for under 50p each some time ago in their sale.  They came on a big sheet with lots in different colours.  You'll see them turn up often on my cards.  I really don't know why I didn't buy  more at the time ... oh well!

The sentiment is from a  set of  Hobby Art sentiments.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Barb. Love the black and gold, and the fact that you have used what was left after cutting a shape you wanted for something else. Definitely need to try this. I love the torn off black card as well - very effective. When I saw the title of this in your archive, I wondered what it could possibly be - I thought of a lady with a very negative attitude on life (like my mum lol!) but this negative lady is actually far from negative and very positive, in fact!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.....Please click on my header (at top of page) to see more of my cards. Barb xx