Saturday 9 May 2015

Butterflies and Dragonflies


Happy Saturday Everyone.

Today I've been out crafting with a friend and had a great time.

I made eight cards like this a couple of days ago using up scraps of coloured, black, silver and gold card plus odd bits of parchment paper.

They are A6 size cards folded lengthways.  I think they are rather an elegant type of card and also don't require a great deal of decoration if you are needing some quick cards.  Unfortunately I don't have envelopes this size so have to make my own.

I wanted fantasy type images so used Dawn Bibby's "Woodland Butterfly" clear set which I stamped onto the parchment with a versamark ink pad and heat embossed with silver  embossing powder.  I  coloured in the bodies with a gold gel pen and did just a little embossing on the back of the parchment.

Fussy cutting probably took more time than anything else and a few dragonflies lost their antennae!  So I made them some more with craft wire.  Just a little spirelli with some Twinney thread  and they were almost done.

1 comment:

Shoshi said...

These are gorgeous, Barb. I like this tall A6 format - you could use them for bookmarks! Being so narrow, you can use up small scraps to good effect. Are the diagonal lines done with thread wrapped around?

Shoshi