Monday 4 May 2015

Busho Workshop



Last week I went to a Brusho Workshop at Coleman's Warehouse in Rushden.  It was really an introduction to using Brusho paint.  These are just 3 of my sample pieces.

We used different types of card, plain white, glossy white card and watercolour paper to find out how the paint reacted on different surfaces.  Sometimes we spritzed the paper with water before tapping on the paint and sometimes sprinkled the paint on then spritzed with water.  We used either one colour, two  or three colours of paint on the different samples to see the effects we got.  There were about a dozen of us in the class and it was very interesting to see how differently our samples turned out depending on the colours we chose to use and how heavy handed we were with the spritzing.

The following day I decided to make cards from some of my samples and I'll post them over the next few days.

Now I'm afraid I have to get the ironing board out as DH is running short of shirts but after that it's up the garden to my craft cabin for a bit of playing!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Never tried this but I really love the end results x

Barb said...

Thanks Joanne. It was really fun and I'll keep practising. Eileen Godwin does some great work. xx

Dee said...

just love these cards you've made here..and been catching up on your blog..great cards barb and lovely new ideas..
been busy with wedding invites!

Barb said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Doreen. xx

Lou said...

These look fantastic Barb......and I just spotted your gorgeous cabin in your side bar. I want one :)
xx