Friday 27 February 2015

Negative Lady



Good morning everyone.  It's a lovely sunny day here today.  I hope you're enjoying good weather too.

My card today is again A6 size but this time folded lengthways.  I don't have any envelopes this size so for these cards have to make my own.

For the silhouette I used the "negative" waste from a Marianne die that was cut from gold mirror card.  I matted it onto black card.  I punched a hole in a strip of white card that had been embossed with my Cuttlebug and matted it onto black card then finally trimmed the bottom with fancy scissors.

The self adhesive gems that I used for the necklace  were coloured with my peeloff marker pen to match the colour of the heart.

The heart is from Hobbycraft and I bought 4 packets for under 50p each some time ago in their sale.  They came on a big sheet with lots in different colours.  You'll see them turn up often on my cards.  I really don't know why I didn't buy  more at the time ... oh well!

The sentiment is from a  set of  Hobby Art sentiments.

1 comment:

Shoshi said...

Beautiful, Barb. Love the black and gold, and the fact that you have used what was left after cutting a shape you wanted for something else. Definitely need to try this. I love the torn off black card as well - very effective. When I saw the title of this in your archive, I wondered what it could possibly be - I thought of a lady with a very negative attitude on life (like my mum lol!) but this negative lady is actually far from negative and very positive, in fact!!

Shoshi