Wednesday 25 February 2015

A Special Time

Here's my card for today...     I began by putting a black mat onto my white A6 card.  I then embossed the clock face with black embossing powder, cut out the image and rubbed Tumbled Glass Distress ink round the edge before adding a small silver brad to the centre.  I coloured the silver brad with a brown permanent marker pen from a set which I use for colouring peel-offs.

The panel was made with distress inks dabbed onto my craft mat and spritzed with a fine spray bottle which had water and some mica powder in and swiped the card into the ink.   Unfortunately the shimmer from the mica doesn't show up well in the photo ... note to self  (practise photography skills!)

I used a round Spellbinders die to cut a circle out from the side of the panel and then trimmed a small amount off the left hand side before mounting onto the black mat.  I kept the circle to use on another card.

The clock face and sentiment are both from a set of Hero Arts clear stamps.

No comments: