Thursday, 5 March 2015

Valentine for DH


This year I decided to make a parchment card for my hubby for Valentine's Day.

As often happens time overtook me and so I decided on this simple design.  Having said that, the gridwork  and cutting did take several hours to do,

For those who haven't done parchment you may be interested to know that each of the large cut out crosses on the front heart needed 8 cuts, turning the paper after each snip.

The background colour probably does look more suitable for a girl rather than a man but I decided to use bright red mirror card as it shone nicely through the holes.

 Unfortunately that doesn't show very well in the photograph.  Anyway, hubby was very pleased with the card and guess what - he took me to Hobbycraft to buy some craft goodies this year as I'm trying to keep off chocolate for a while!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.....Please click on my header (at top of page) to see more of my cards. Barb xx